Trade Discussion

IncomeLab Forum Forums Income Lab Trade Discussion

This topic contains 164 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Igor 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Igor
    Keymaster

You can do that but expect that hedge to lose value.

Igor
    Keymaster

i ended up swapping for a 25 delta june SPY call… similar to my June1 hedge…

Igor
    Keymaster

Igor, just got a mail about MAY IC management. Please check the prices of these 2 trades: SELL -2 SPX MAY5 2170 CALL @ 3.80 (I see a mid around 3.00); and BUY +1 SPX 100 MAY 2135 CALL @ 8.60 ( I see a mid around 6.90)

Igor
    Keymaster

Igor
    Keymaster

Thanks Igor, I already red thid and got filled on all the trades.

Igor
    Keymaster

doesnt look like we will get filled more then 0.7 on 2190/2200 but 2185/2195 looks like 0.9 might also be able to move the put side down 5 points?

thoughts?

Igor
    Keymaster

No rush to get in, I’ll try this until EOD then tomorrow we’ll see where SPX is trading and try similar trade. NO GTC ORDERS.

Igor
    Keymaster

Hi Igor,

I asked this question on the June thread, but maybe it would be more relevant in this one:

“Could one throw on a similar condor with /ES (e-mini futures) options instead of SPX? Is there any reason why you choose SPX over /ES or is everything (including skews, etc) pretty much the same?”

Igor
    Keymaster

Colin,

I think as far as premiums go, they’re very similar, they use same or similar pricing models. However, there are some differences between the two. ES options have a multiplier of 50, whereas SPX options have a multiplier of 100 (so you’d have to do 2X size for ES options). ES is American style options, SPX is European. I’m not sure if ES options have the same treatment as SPX options do, for tax purposes.. One advantage ES options do have is margin requirement for selling naked options. Personally, I try to find the path of least resistance, I also want to keep things as simple as possible, so I havent really looked into trading ES options as an IC income trade.

Igor
    Keymaster

ES options are more liquid tho. And i think that is a big advantages for entries and exits.

But this is the only thing i know. I also know that ONE doesn’t support them yet so for now they are out of my gameplan

Igor
    Keymaster

Igor – what is up, you have closed out all of the up side exposure and not many trades left? Are you expecting a push back up? Will you be putting on new trades next week?

Igor
    Keymaster

Hey Roger,

Most of the upside exposure was trading at premiums that is very stubborn and closing those spreads didnt really add a ton of positive delta. I am going to look for a new IC next week probably around 56 days out.

Igor
    Keymaster

great thanks

Igor
    Keymaster

Marco, what/who are you referring to when you refer to “ONE”?

Igor
    Keymaster

ONE is the software I use as well as some other members, to track/analyze trades. It stands for OptionNetExplorer.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.