Trade Discussion

IncomeLab Forum Forums Income Lab Trade Discussion

This topic contains 164 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Igor 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Igor
    Keymaster

This was the IC I was talking about in chat; no adjustment yet. I see Delta is @ 18 and i have the adjustment point @ 2030 for the time being.

I still have my puts at around 0.35. might be a bit late for a greedy roll?

Igor
    Keymaster

Hey Igor

Nice to see you here. i have floated sell -2 of the above..
    about to get flight so will check if i get filled tomorrow.

Igor
    Keymaster

APR4 IC is 39 days until expiration, short strike’s delta on the call side is around 18 so I haven’t adjusted the upside yet. I think rolling up puts to a new strike with delta around 11 makes sense.

Igor
    Keymaster

New Iron Condor (SPX MAY2) is 60 days out. I want to be in sometime between now and 50 days until expiration, so I have time to get in. The important part is IF SPX was to move 30 pts in either direction overnight, I will adjust my short strikes accordingly. DO NOT offer the same IC if SPX moves big. The idea is that I’m looking to sell both bull put and bear call with a short strike’s delta around 10 and I’m looking for around 1.80 credit for this trade.

Igor
    Keymaster

SPX is around 2006 (-13.35). I am going to change the strikes for my SPX MAY2 Iron Condor to:

Bull Put: 1800/1790
    Bear Call: 2130/2140

Looking for 1.80 credit

Igor
    Keymaster

also adjusted my strikes didn’t get filled yesterday. floating -2 same as above.

For the SPX APR4 IC i offloaded my puts @0.35 but didnt get filled on new delta 11s
    today i just floated 1850/1840 delta 12 for 0.8.

Igor
    Keymaster

regarding the number of positions. What is your max allowed loss? 1.5 x max credit. That implies a loss of 2700 which is ~6.75% of the portfolio. (rolling will mitigate this) ..

Igor
    Keymaster

Max allowable loss shouldn’t be much more than total credit received. Now can it exceed that? Sure, but for me, if a trade is down 1.3X credit – I will stop fighting it and let it go.

Igor
    Keymaster

just noticed the Apr4 SPX IC Adjustment yesterday. The short call is now 15 so I feel I dont need to do this call hedg at least till back to delta 20 on short call?

I also have floated out new put side @ 1850.. if i dont get filled then perhaps the call is a good idea regardless.

Igor
    Keymaster

Hey Igor, I just got filled on the MAY2 IC. You shared previously some XLS spreadsheets, one to track performance, another to show when it makes sense to take off earlier the position (if you can get a certain amount of credit). Where do I find them?

Igor
    Keymaster

If you’re in front of your screen then yeah, you can wait for the mkt to make a move.

Igor
    Keymaster

@Andras – Performance sheet will be on the up on this site shortly, Optimal Management cheatsheet is HERE. Keep in mind, this applies to naked strangles.

Igor
    Keymaster

Igor – Can you explain a little bit how this service works. Do you send out an email when there is a new trade? How do we know if you get filled on a particular trade. Given that there is no chat then the only way to know if something new happens is to keep hitting refresh on the forum or is there some other way to know? Thanks

Igor
    Keymaster

Just filled on SPX May2 1790/1800/2140/2130 @ 1.8

Igor
    Keymaster

Hey Roger! Trade entry/adjustments/exits will be sent out via email. Potential adjustments, what ifs, fills and other stuff will be discussed in this thread. Once you check off the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” in Trade Discussion you will get an email with details. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.